Material Zone Editor
The Material-Zone Editor offers the possibility to select containers and shelves, to move them by drag & drop or by buttons and to arrange them differently.
1. show/hide grid.
2. Measure distances (keep left mouse button pressed to draw the dimension line).
3. If "Toggle container information" is activated, the 2D view will show more detailed information about the boxes on the floor, such as part designation, part number and box designation.
4. show/hide facilities.
5. "View all": the whole layout with containers and shelves is visible.
6. if an area is selected and "View to zoomed" is clicked, the area is automatically zoomed and zoomed in.
7. If the "disregard obstacles" function is activated, obstacles such as factory pillars are ignored during material supply.
If a material area is selected, there is a possibility to change the distance between the shelves and boxes or between rows of shelves/boxes.
Important: If the spacing was changed in the Material Zone Editor, "Renew Placement" must still be carried out under File Menu - Material so that the spacing is renewed.
It is possible to zoom in and out with the mouse wheel. If the left mouse button is held down, it is possible to move the view.
Special functions for boxes and shelves
Special functions for groups
If you click on a material surface, the entire boxes and shelves are selected as a group.
1. The yellow triangle ("Move to oc area") makes it possible to move the group to the outside corner area. The other yellow triangle ("Move to material area") is grayed out. This command can be executed only when the group is on the Outside Corner Area. 2.
2. the lock ("Fix") offers the possibility to fix the group, so it cannot be moved anymore. Here the open lock ("Unfix") is grayed out. The functions "Fix" and "Unfix" work alternately. 3.
3. The green arrow ("Layout on this area") makes it possible to automatically place the group at the defined edge.
Special functions for individual vessels and groups
1. the yellow triangle makes it possible to move the box or shelf automatically to the Outside Corner Area.
The lock fixes the box, which can now no longer be moved.
The green arrow automatically moves the box to the selected edge.
2. If the box or the shelf is to be positioned at a certain angle, the desired angle can be set here.
3. The green arrows make it possible to always rotate the boxes by 90 degrees.
4. here the box or shelf type or if available the shelf name is displayed
If a box or shelf is moved in the Material Zone Editor, it will also move in the 3D view. If a box or shelf is selected in the Material Zone Editor, the selection is also visible in the 3D view.
Material Provisioning Editor
When a box or shelf is clicked in the Material Zone Editor, the components are selected in the Material Provisioning Editor. The Material Provisioning Editor now offers the possibility to select or change the shelf and box type. For more information, see Material Provisioning Editor.
If you select a material area or a rack in the Material Zone Editor and switch to the Rack Planogram, you have the option here to place boxes in racks or to arrange the boxes in racks differently. For more information, see Move containers - Rack planogram.